This week I continue my conversation with Donna Schwartz of Music Teachers’ Resource Guide. We talk about her two masters degrees and whether she’d do it all again, why she believes music education in our schools is so vulnerable, and her two biggest goals.
- How Donna got into music education
- Why she got out of music education, and how her side trip helped her
- Why Donna left New York for California
- Why this music educator will never stop educating herself
- How students learn music, and why and how they should learn it differently
- How learning music is like learning a foreign language
If you want to learn something quickly, practice that thing S-L-O-W-L-Y. Because your brain is like a fresh snowdrift.